Skip to main content
You can also make this oven-fried rooster with entire thighs or breasts, however slicing them into smaller items produces a crunchier and extra tender outcome. Plus it’s extra enjoyable to eat smaller items at a picnic.
Sharp knife (grownup wanted)
Mixing spoon or whisk
2 dinner plates
Massive bowl Fork or whisk
Spatula or tongs
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1⁄four cup all-purpose flour
3⁄four cup unseasoned bread crumbs, panko, or cornmeal (or half cup bread crumbs or panko and 1/four cup cornmeal)
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄four teaspoon cayenne pepper (for those who like spicy)
2 giant eggs
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or no matter variety you’ve gotten)
6 6 boneless, skinless rooster thighs or four boneless, skinless rooster breasts (trimmed of extra fats, and lower into roughly 2-inch cubes)
1 lemon, lower into quarters
- Flip the oven on and set the warmth to 425 levels.
- Pour the oil on the baking sheet and, utilizing your clear palms or a paper towel, unfold it round.
- Put the flour on one of many plates.
- Put the bread crumbs and/or cornmeal, thyme, salt, and cayenne (for those who like spicy) on the opposite plate. Combine effectively.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and beat them with the fork or whisk till pale yellow. Add the mustard and blend effectively.
- One by one, put the rooster items on the plate with the flour and transfer them round till they’re evenly dusted with flour. Shake off any extra.
- One by one, add the rooster items to the egg combination and swish them round till they’re effectively coated.
- Take away the rooster items, one by one, from the egg combination, letting any further egg combination drip off, and dip each within the bread crumb combination, rolling and urgent right down to coat all sides.
- Shake off any further coating and put every rooster piece on the baking sheet. Remember to wash your palms with cleaning soap and water after dealing with uncooked rooster.
- As soon as the oven temperature has reached 425 levels, rigorously put the baking sheet within the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Utilizing the pot holders rigorously take the baking sheet out of the oven. Flip the rooster items over with the spatula or tongs, then put the baking sheet again within the oven. Bake till golden brown, about 20 minutes extra.
- Serve straight away, with 1 / 4 of a lemon on every plate, or put aside to chill. Cowl and refrigerate as much as in a single day.
HOW TO TRIM THE FAT:
If there are piece of yellow fats on the rooster, use clear kitchen scissors or a knife to chop them off.