Blueberries are in season now. As with all New Jersey native will inform you, “Nothing can compete with NJ Blueberries. They’re merely the most effective.” In case you don’t imagine me, strive some blueberry wine and I’m positive your lives will without end change.
Critically although, any good cook dinner or chef will inform you that the standard of components do have an effect within the remaining product. These gluten free and vegan muffins made with recent blueberries are an ideal instance of that.
As a result of the blueberries are candy and juicy, I’ve used much less sugar and oil on this recipe. The outcome although continues to be moist, filled with taste and sure scrumptious.
To make it additional particular, I melted some Cocomels Coconut Milk Caramels and unfold it on prime of the muffins simply earlier than serving.
(Word: This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks. Whereas no price to you, I get a small fee while you buy utilizing the hyperlinks on this put up. You’ll be able to see my full disclosure right here. Thanks a lot on your assist.)
- 1 pint recent blueberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. flax meal
- 6 Tbs. lukewarm water
- 2/three cup sugar (I used natural sugar within the uncooked)
- 1 half cups rice flour
- 1/three cup potato starch
- 1/Four cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- half tsp. baking soda
- 1/Four tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. floor cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 levels
- Line muffins tins with cupcake liners or silicone cupcake molds. (This recipe makes 12 commonplace measurement muffins.)
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water. Put aside for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- In one other bowl, whisk collectively the rice flour, starches, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Put aside.
- Utilizing one other massive bowl, cream the sugar, flax – water combination and oil till gentle and fluffy.
- Whereas the mixer is working, add the blueberries.
- Slowly add the flour combination.
- Improve the velocity of the mixer in order that the berries will probably be blistered or mashed. It will take about 2-Four minutes. The batter will flip bluish.
- Switch the batter to the ready muffins tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then decrease the oven temperature to 350 levels. Bake for one more 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it settle down for a minimum of 5 minutes earlier than eradicating from the pan.
- Take pleasure in!