Buckwheat Banana Bread Pancakes are a gluten-free, fiber-filled breakfast with no refined sugar. Topped with stovetop candied walnuts, this spectacular stack is each weekday morning and weekend brunch accepted. This publish is sponsored by Soom Meals. I used to be compensated for my time, nonetheless all opinions are my very own.
The Greatest Banana Bread Pancakes:
This recipe gives the fruit-forward sweetness and heat spice of banana bread in a nutrient-rich tower of flapjacks. As a substitute of pancake syrup, this stack is topped with candied walnuts and a drizzle of date syrup for a candy end. Child-friendly and adult-approved, this recipe is freed from refined sugar and can aid you energy by your morning routine.
Professional tip: put together a double batch over the weekend and freeze leftovers for weekday morning breakfast insurance coverage.
Is Buckwheat Flour Gluten Free?
Buckwheat is commonly referred to as a grain, nevertheless it’s truly a seed within the rhubarb household. This nutrient-packed seed is of course gluten free and full of plant protein, fiber, and B-vitamins. When it comes to each style and texture, buckwheat flour is certainly one of my favorites to make use of in pancakes and baked items. It has a brilliant delicate texture, which creates a light-weight, tender baked good and fluffy stack of pancakes.
Taste-wise, buckwheat flour is decidedly nutty and gives a layer of complexity that all-purpose flour simply can’t obtain. On this recipe, buckwheat’s earthiness is matched by tahini’s nuanced bitterness, creating an extremely toasty, dynamic taste profile.
Nutty, creamy, and deeply savory, tahini is a paste constituted of floor sesame seeds. As soon as thought of an unique ingredient in American kitchens, tahini has now grow to be a ubiquitous pantry staple. My go-to model is Soom tahini, which is made with 100% roasted and pressed Ethiopian White Humera sesame seeds. Its texture is unctuous and clean (much like that of a free nut butter) and taste wealthy and toasty. Plus, it’s an incredible supply of plant-based calcium, iron, and heart-healthy fat.
Make Stovetop Candied Walnuts:
As a substitute of nuts within the pancake batter, these stacks get topped with sticky-sweet candied walnuts. This course of is extremely easy, and solely requires Three substances and 5 minutes. Begin by heating the walnuts in a small skillet over medium-low till they odor toasty and seem shiny. Subsequent, add a dab of butter and jolt of date syrup and permit the combination to lacquer up each nook and cranny of the nut. As soon as the nuts have an opportunity to chill, they grow to be irresistibly crunchy with boundless versatility.
I exploit Soom Silan Date Syrup, which is constituted of 100% steamed and pressed dates and gives wealthy, caramel-like sweetness. Soom Silan is decrease on the glycemic index scale than honey and maple syrup, plus has virtually 4x the potassium and 8x the fiber. Moreover, it’s a wealthy supply of different important vitamins, together with calcium, magnesium, manganese, and iron.In case you make this recipe, make sure you tag #dishingouthealth and #soomfoods so we are able to see your heavenly stacks. And, in the event you’d wish to strive any Soom merchandise, you will get 10% off your order on soomfoods.com through the use of the code ‘dishingouthealth’ at checkout!
Different Wholesome Pancake Recipes:
Coconut Flour Pancakes for One
Complete-Grain Blueberry Chai Pancakes
Fourless Blender Chocolate Pancakes
Buckwheat Banana Bread Pancakes
Writer: Jamie Vespa MS, RD
Recipe kind: Breakfast
Cook dinner time:
Buckwheat Banana Bread Pancakes with Stovetop Candied Walnuts are a gluten-free, fiber-filled breakfast with no refined sugar.
- ¾ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. Soom Silan Date Syrup, plus extra for drizzling over pancakes
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Soom Meals Tahini
- 1 egg, whisked
- Three Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ tsp. floor cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- Sprint of salt
- Coconut oil or butter or cooking
- Toast walnuts in a small skillet over medium-low warmth, tossing typically, till oils begin to exude and nuts look shiny, about 5 minutes. Enhance warmth to medium and stir in date syrup and butter. Cook dinner 2 to three minutes, stirring typically, till combination completely coats nuts. Switch nuts to a bit of parchment paper and permit to chill when you put together pancakes.
- Mix bananas, yogurt, tahini, egg, and almond milk in a medium bowl; combine properly. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; stir with a whisk. Pour flour combination into banana combination; stir till mixed.
- Warmth coconut oil or butter in a griddle or giant skillet over medium warmth. Working in batches, scoop ¼-cupfuls of batter onto griddle. Cook dinner pancakes till bottoms are golden brown and bubbles type on prime, about Three minutes. Flip and prepare dinner till different aspect of pancakes are golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Serve pancakes with candied walnuts and extra date syrup, if desired.