6-Ingredient Wholesome Banana Bread
August 18, 2017
: 14 slices
: 10 min
: 1 hr
: 1 hr 10 min
Are you after a wholesome BUT tasty Banana Bread for the entire household (together with bubby) properly right here you go! We reduce the loaf into slices and freeze individually for snacks on the go or afternoon tea for Mum, Dad and the children. This recipe has no added sugar and tastes wonderful!
- 250 grams wholemeal (entire wheat) self elevating flour
- 1x tsp baking powder
- 1/2x tsp cinnamon
- 6x over ripe bananas (tip: the extra over-ripe/black the bananas are the sweeter the loaf!)
- 125 grams unsalted butter (that has been softened at room temp or microwaved for 10 seconds and cooled)
- 2x eggs
- *Elective- further so as to add into the combination on the finish: if you want so as to add some crunch or extra goodness, be happy so as to add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds or crushed walnuts!
- Step 1 Preheat oven 175 levels celsius. Put together a floured (or line with baking paper) 11cm extensive tin loaf (23cm lengthy).
- Step 2 In a a bowl, mash all over-ripe bananas till easy. Then add the comfortable/cooled butter and eggs, then stir by means of till easy.
- Step 3 Fold by means of the dry components – flour, baking powder, cinnamon into the moist combination bowl till mixed (*optionally available however not wanted – be happy to *add chia, pumpkin, sunflower seeds or crushed nuts into the combination).
- Step 4 Pour combined batter into the ready 11cm tin loaf. Guarantee your tin loaf isn’t too small else the banana bread won’t fully prepare dinner. Can high with slices of banana or sprinkle seeds on the highest of the loaf!
- Step 5 Place the tin into the center of the oven for 60 minutes, till the centre is cooked. Verify at 60min with a picket skewer, go away somewhat longer if wanted. Go away to bread to chill in tin for 10min, then take away from tin and place on a wired rack till fully cooled down, then slice.